Do you have a passion for sharing the Good News of the Gospel with others? If so please consider volunteering in our Religious Education Programs. For more information contact our Religious Education Director, Mrs. Sweeney at 978-6320237 ext. 413 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A CATECHIST
- Love Children
- Be enthusiastic about your faith and open to learning more about your faith
- be committed to attending Mass weekly
- Be a parishioner here at St. Boniface
- Be comfortable teaching and upholding the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
- Be at least a Jr. in High School and confirmed.
The commitment you make as a catechist…
- To share your faith with students in a manner that is appropriate to their age.
- To prepare for and present classes
- To attend Catechist planning meetings and enrichment held in the parish
Please keep in mind…
We are all on a journey of Faith. You do not need to be a “perfect” Catholic to be a catechist. You must however be willing to be actively involved in your faith and striving to live a Christian life.
BECOME A SUBSTITUTE…
Are you generally free during a class time but unable to make a weekly commitment? Consider volunteering to serve as a substitute. We are often in dire need of Subs especially during our weekday classes and your ability to fill in would help us greatly. The qualifications are the same as those for a sub without the full time commitment.
BECOME A CATECHIST’S HELPER…
Come help one of our Catechists in their classroom. This position is for anyone in High School or older who is willing to be a consistent presence and an extra pair of hands for one of our younger grades. It is also a great way to learn more about being a catechist by working with an experienced catechist.